You may have to agree… oviraptorids never looked like this before!
I think Hatching The Past is a truly bold, didactic attempt to create a vibrant theatrical scenario for kids like I think no one has done before. The costumes, the murals and the props allow the kids to recreate a dramatic scene that helps them imagine that they can be part of a real world that happened 75 million years ago. The main thing is after all to foster the sense that this is not just imagination… that the scenes they are theatrically enacting DID happen… and in the meantime change the image of dinosaurs as eternally battling behemoths into a more caring one, where they are seen tending the nests and battling the elements to protect their offspring. The Oviraptor disguise is quite stylish… and the Saltasaurus is simply hilarious… now, if only humans had a longer neck.. and smaller head!
Welcome the art blog of Luis ReyPlease enjoy the site, but remember that I retain the copyright of all artwork and images here. Please do not copy or reproduce them without permission.
Top Posts & Pages
- The African Dinosaurs Saga continues...
- Oldies from Dinosaurs In The Round... From 3D to 2D.
- Dinosaur Gallery
- The Deinonychus Saga (Part 1)
- Outtakes from the Big Golden Book (Part One)
- Events of the year (so far)... Part 1.
- Classic prehistoric Isle Of Wight revisited...
- The day Safari got inspired by yours truly!
- The inseparable Chinese Couple...
- African Prehistory
- Dinosaur Models
- Dinosaur Movies
- extinct fishes
- marine repstiles
- Museum Displays
- NHM Events
- Palaeontology Meetings