Last time he was around here, David Hone inspired me to do this restoration of Darwinopterus, and I have done it to his specifications (it is in the act of landing on the tree). Based on beautifully preserved material, the combination of characters is quite unusual, like a Rhamphorhynchus and a Pterodactylus fused in one… yet another perfect evolutionary transitional form! For more details see this article in Tetrapod Zoology: http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/2009/10/14/darwinopterus-transitional/
Welcome the art blog of Luis ReyPlease enjoy the site, but remember that I retain the copyright of all artwork and images here. Please do not copy or reproduce them without permission.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dinosaur Gallery
- It's official... The *New* Big Golden Book of Dinosaurs is advertised at Amazon!
- More Galleries
- In The Sea... a collection of revamped oldies.
- The John R. Hutchinson Team does it again... in NATURE.
- The Deinonychus Saga (Part 2)
- Oldies from Dinosaurs In The Round... From 3D to 2D.
- Dinosaur Sex!